Words of Wisdom


Dance like the photo's not tagged, love like you've never been unfriended, tweet like nobody's following

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to work I go

Today was my first day back at work after Christmas.  There were mixed feelings about it...part of me wanted to stay in la-la land and lay around forever but another (more organized) part of me was ready to get back into a routine that didn't involve drinking wine, presents and sleeping.   I got up, got a ride to work from hubby (still not driving) and set to worky.

I ended up getting a lot of things done...and better yet, there was a very limited number of annoying interruptions!  Hooray!

Another good thing about today was that I ran for the first time in what seemed like FOREVER...and I didn't keel over and die or have a heart attack.  I just sweated profusely instead...I guess it's going to take a little more than one run to get me to this:
I just need to keep my eye on the prize...this picture will definitely be on my inspiration board for 2012.  I've been slowly collecting photos for it and will most likely put it together next week (along with writing down my resolutions).

Do any of you create an inspiration board?  I have mine hanging right above my desk so that I can see it every time I sit at my computer...I'll post a picture of it tomorrow if I get my shit together and don't get too embarrassed by it.

Happy Tuesday to you all...XOX

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great first day back! And glad the run went well! You'll get that body in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely understand the ready to get back to work! I have two and 1/2 weeks off and -- as crazy as it sounds -- I'm going CRAZY without structure / motivation to get anything done! Eek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I totally have an inspirations board, it sits by my desk too! I think everyone needs and inspiration board, keep you from being a downer.
    xx
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually don't do an inspirational board...but i always have ideas roamning around in my head!!

    ReplyDelete