Words of Wisdom


Dance like the photo's not tagged, love like you've never been unfriended, tweet like nobody's following

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I think I bit off more than I could chew....

That would be an understatement.

Yesterday started out as a perfectly wonderful Saturday.  I worked for a few hours (could have done without that though), then scooped up workout dog, got a burrito and made my way up to the Dartmouth Skiway.  I was all bundled up and looking very New Hampshire (think long socks over leggings and tennis  shoes).

The Lu and I got to the Skiway in time to get in a few runs on the hill (no falls...thank god!) and visit with ARR and Kirtie (who were working a fundraising event for Dartmouth Children's Hospital).  Eventually BT showed up on his bike and we all hung out for a little bit while Matty and I went for one more ski run.

Then things got a little stupid.  FYI, Matty, BT and I are training for a Marathon at the end of May.  Yesterday was supposed to be a 12 mile run. (12 miles is the key here)

So the three of us decided to run back to Hanover from the Skiway...which we figured could only be around 10 or 12 miles.  Off we started, with plenty of people telling us that it was a terrible idea etc. etc.

Long story short....we made it...2 hours later and at the expense of our patience and physical capability.  We were so exhausted mentally and physically....mostly because it turned out that the run was WAY longer than 10 miles (a bad thing when you exceed your longest run to date by 7 miles).

TRY 15 miles...not exactly what we were planning on, especially since we had no water and no "gu" aka food for when you're running.

By the time we got into Hanover (after we stopped running and had Kirtie come get us...oh, and by "us" i mean Matt and I...BT was way in front of us)...we were a pair of pathetic, exhausted idiots.  What the heck were we thinking.

We get back to the house and neither of us can move. Literally. I couldn't get off the couch for a good 30 minutes.

Bottom line: always check the mileage BEFORE you run.

Let's just say that this morning wasn't pretty. I am so stiff it's not even funny...I got out of bed and nearly screamed.....

Happy Sunday

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment