Words of Wisdom


Dance like the photo's not tagged, love like you've never been unfriended, tweet like nobody's following

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So I May Lose My Job...

Ok, that title was depressing but I'm just being realistic.  Dartmouth has to "trim" its budget by $72 million dollars by June of 2011 to help compensate for the $700 million dollar endowment loss (Thank you Valley News...you have proved yourself useful for more than just lining the recycle bin)

Because of this loss the College has to find ways to eliminate costs etc.  So far they are laying off around 60 employees and cutting way back on spending (aka: I am not allowed to order any more pink post-it notes-or anything else fun from the Staples catalogue).

As some of you know...I work from 9-3 Monday through Friday (unless I have something better to do like go to spinning with workout mom or get my hair cut or walk workout dog etc.)  Bottom line: I get paid to sit at the front desk and answer the phone.  Not to say that I'm unproductive...I am online at work doing random tasks for my boss (aka dad) as well as applying for jobs and staying up to date on current events (people.com and perezhilton.com).  I also keep BT's calendar and help manage his email...so yes, I do serve some sort of purpose.

Nevertheless, I fear that my days of killing time between workouts and lattes may be coming to an end.  I don't know how much longer it's going to be until people realize that I don't serve that big of a purpose...I do however think that should I "leave", people would miss my humor and ability to cheer up BT (that takes serious skill and finesse).

I just really hope that the economy turns around soon so that I can get a real job.  I think I would be great at a real job!  I'm very organized, upbeat and a quick learner. (that was my plea for a job...and that's all your getting...)

So, for now I will resume my usual routine of perusing the Internet (which has been down at home...hence the lack of recent posts) and waiting for someone to email or call me to tell me that the love of my life is going to sweep me off my feet and marry me...


No comments:

Post a Comment