Words of Wisdom


Dance like the photo's not tagged, love like you've never been unfriended, tweet like nobody's following

Friday, November 18, 2011

My Alter Ego

I realized that I've never introduced you all to my alter-ego, also known as Sally from Berkley!  Long story short, the name comes from a pseudonym I was given after calling into a radio show that was bashing my dad back at Stanford.  I called in, told them who I was (head coach's kid) and proceeded to rip them up one side and down the other as random caller "Sally from Berkley".
Sally from Berkley has a friend...who is very similar aka coach's kid


Sally comes out mostly during football season.  I know that I've made a few comments about football on here but I try to keep it relatively tame (Sally has been known to go overboard).  She gets very upset when people begin questioning her dad's job, when people make snide remarks about games/calls/plays/qb choices etc.  She gets especially angry when people say these things and don't know what they're talking about.
How could you not want to protect this guy! He rocks (and I know he can protect himself just fine too but c'mon).
 This season has been okay...we've had our ups and downs but luckily Sally has remained mostly in check.  That said, an interesting article popped up in the New York Times that piqued Sally's interest.  It basically talks about a coach who had the nerve to say that he won a Rhodes Scholarship/Interview....but turns out that wasn't exactly the case. 

I'm sure you're wondering...why would Lindsay, much less this Sally person, care about such a thing.  Here's your reason...Sally once got upset at that very person for publicly (and privately) bashing her dad (who had given him a job once).  Not cool. Ever.  I can hold a grudge longer than almost anyone I know (character flaw...poor hubby).

Let's just say that Sally had a freaking field day when she read this. Oh and Newsflash...probably not the best idea to lie about a Rhodes Scholarship when you work at Yale...you know, where tons of people really have won them.  Ticking smart, powerful people off like that is not a smart move (probably why you didn't get one of those scholarships...just sayin')!

...here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/sports/ncaafootball/the-same-tough-call-well-not-quite.html?hpw 


Back to regular stuff tomorrow...promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment